Saturday, May 9, 2009

In the Family Way.... No I'm not expecting.... BUT!

JACK Turned 5 On May 6th! He is growing up so well and turning into a wonderful, joyful, obedient, very tall boy. He's as tall as the kids who turned 5 last year. He starts kindergarten this year and he's so excited! He asked for a Star Wars cake this year, and it was the easiest birthday cake I've ever done. I made the cake and the frosting and Joseph decorated the chocolate pan cake with black frosting, white stars and some of Joseph's little Star Wars Micromachines as decoration. Joseph wrote May the Force be with You Jack on it with white frosting and I put angel candles the color of light sabers on the cake. (I'm glad the kids caught on to the light saber candles :) ) (Angel candles are candles that have different color flames, like red, blue, purple, green, orange, etc. ) Joseph designed and cut out his Jedi costume and I sewed it together. All of the guests came as Jedi characters with their light sabers. After cake and ice cream and presents I sent them all outside to play at the playground in our back yard. It was a fun and very easy birthday. I am so grateful for Jack. He is one of my favorite people. I love that he is in my family. His heart is so pure and he tries so hard to be obedient and to do the right thing. His spirit doesn't crush easily. And he's so happy most of the time. And always so loving. I'm happy just being around him. He's a great big brother to Ana, he plays with her and loves her and hugs her and takes care of her. And he fights with her sometimes, which is natural and good for both of their character development.

Ana is teething and therefore, grouchy and not sleeping well. Both of her first molars are trying to poke their way through on the bottom, there's a first molar on top that's halfway out, both lateral incisors on the top and bottom are working their way out, and more are visibly forming. For two days this week all she wanted to do was be held while watching the world go by. She is also testing tantrum boundaries, i.e. how far can I go before I get in trouble? (Not very far!) So it's been *fun*!

And to top it all off we all have a cough that borders on sounding like croup.

I've got a bit of time left (I hope) before Joseph, Mor and the kids come home from the park, so I'm going to see how much sewing I can get done and start a bit of dinner. It's better to blog when no one else is around!

Ciao!

No comments: