Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Two of my favourite things

So once again, we find ourselves with a gaming group. yay! I still like our old group better, but I am happy to be gaming again. We just ended a campaign; it lasted only about 4 weeks. As individuals the characters were good, but as a group, they didn't really have any reason to be together. Also, and more importantly, their skills and attributes didn't really work well together. Hopefully this next group (a group of mages) will be more cohesive. We've only been playing Gurps, instead of also card/board games. It's because most of the people in our group haven't RPG'd for a really long time and they're so excited to play that they only want to RPG. It's kind of amusing to watch them get back into the RPG zone. None of us are really there yet, but that's also due to us getting to know each other. It'll get there. Or not. Either way, it'll be fun while it lasts.

Another of my favourite things is that my freelance copywriting business has taken off. I'm only working part time. I tried to work full time but ended up being angry at my family (for not letting me work as much as I wanted to [read: for needing me to take care of them]) and angry at myself for not meeting my obligations (both familiar and professional). So I decided to cut back to part time.
I couldn't get more than 4 hours a day anyway, but with two kids - 3 yrs. and 2 mos. - and my husband taking a light load of 17 credits at the University, I figured 4 hours a day was great. And it doesn't over tax my sanity.
I'm really glad I have this assignment; I love writing copy. It makes me happy.

No comments: