Thursday, March 27, 2008

And Then There Were Four


Katherine Anastasia Elizabeth Petersen has finally joined our family.
Jack looked at her right after she was born and said "I love my baby sister."
Even though labor lasted about twenty hours, I spent almost all of it at home. I had Ana about twenty minutes after I got to the hospital.
She has dark hair, big dark eyes and an olive complexion. (Very different from Jack who was pale with red hair). She has the cutest smile and her eyes light up when she's happy. She's already trying to talk and almost can say "hi". Okay, so she's only two months old so it's rather more just making sounds, but it sounds like "hi" and she uses it at the right times. She can roll from her belly to her back, and onto her sides, and she's working on creeping. I love to watch her hold up her head, her core muscles are very strong and get more of a workout than mine.
She's a joy to have around. It seems she is more temperamental than Jack, but maybe I just don't remember how he was at two months old. It's all good, we'll train her up right and then she'll be a happy and obedient little girl. I love her and I'm glad she came to our family. It's really cool that I already feel such a connection and such a deep love for Ana. I'm just happy she's here.

Here's a picture - Katherine Anastasia Elizabeth, 3 days old.
In the picture above (with her eyes open) she's three weeks.

Her eyes focus now and she's able to follow us with her eyes when we move, and she recognizes us when we walk by. She's a lot of fun. I really enjoy watching her grow and learn new things. It's fun to teach her about mortal life. It's exciting to feel like - here, let me show you all these cool things you can do! Let's start by crawling so you can get around. And here are some really yummy things to eat - you'll like them. And here's this neat thing, and this other neat thing. Ooh, and look over here at this! You'll love doing this!

It's just way so much fun to be a mom. I love it.

(If you want details email me, as I don't want to post them on the net, and it's so much more amusing to listen to me tell the labor details. What a joke!)

No comments: